How we Serve our COMMUNITY
The Knights of Columbus supports the local community in these ways. Council 4678 sponsors an annual 5K run to support the Schlow Memorial Library in State College. Proceeds from our fundraisers have benefited the Centre Volunteers in Medicine (CVM), which provides free health care to those in need in the Centre County region, to the Centre County Food bank, Catholic Charities, Habitat for Humanity and Meals on Wheels.
And these other local programs:
- Organize regular blood drives
- Support "Out of the Cold" program
- Brothers in distress and requiring assistance are encouraged to contact the Council or one of its members.
We, as the State College Knights of Columbus, are firmly committed to advancing the faith through strong support of Catholic education.
Our support to OLVCS and CCD programs are described above. However, the State College Knights of Columbus have other activities serving the youth of our Council and beyond.
- Local and state-wide basketball free throw competition
- Local and state-wide soccer challenge
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt.
- Annual college scholarship
The Knights of Columbus is also an international organization, and the reach of our Council extends far beyond the boarders of Center County. We are active in supporting people in need across the global community.
- Philippines Typhoon Relief
- The African Book Project
- Hope for Anawim Charity
Our support to the local campus (University Park) of Penn State is through our donations to "Lion's Pantry". Please see the below for more information